Last Revised: July 11, 2022
We process your personal information only with your consent or as needed to provide you Services. We may also use your personal information to comply with legal obligations, operate our business, protect the vital interests of you, our customers, or the public, or for other legitimate interests of Rent Responsibly as further described below.
We share your information with our partners, service providers, contractors, agents and third party vendors as they need it to fulfill Services or orders, or for other requests you make of Rent Responsibly. We may also share your information to comply with law or for other legitimate interests.
You can access, get copies of, delete, change or correct your personal information, or request changes to our use of your personal information by using the contact information below. Read more
Information We Collect from You
In general, we receive and collect all information you provide via the Services, including through website input fields (including advertisements), phone, email (including email campaigns), web chat, or in other such ways. This includes personal information that can identify or relates to you, including but not limited to your first and last name, telephone number, IP, postal, and email addresses. You have the choice on what information to share and the services you want to engage. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to access certain functionality of the Services, such as those mentioned above or for tracking your preferences, subscribing to a newsletter, or initiating other such actions.
We also may periodically obtain information about you from affiliated entities, partners and other independent third-party sources and will add it to our database of information. For example, we may receive information about your interaction with advertisements on third party websites, including updated postal addresses and demographic information.
How We Use Your Information
More specifically, we may use your personal information to:
- Optimize and improve the Services – We continually try to improve the Services based on the information and feedback we receive from you, including by optimizing the content on the Services.
- Personalize the user experience – We may use your information to measure engagement with the Services, and to understand how you and our other users interact with and use the Services and other resources we provide.
- Improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively develop the Services and respond to your support needs.
- Process transactions – We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests and product orders. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the Services, fulfill orders, and related activities.
- To send periodic communications – The contact information you provide through our contact forms or otherwise via the Services, will be used to send information and updates pertaining to the Services. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries or other requests. If you opt in to our mailing list, you may receive emails that include Rent Responsibly news, updates, related product offerings and service information, and marketing material. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via the contact information below.
How We Share Your Information
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, interests, or safety of our company or the Services, our customers, or others; or in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, we will attempt to notify you when your personal information will be shared with third parties.Personal Information You Post in Public Areas. When you post a message in a Rent Responsibly forum, chat room, review, or customer feedback, the information you post may be accessible to other users of the Services and the public. If you post personal information anywhere on the Services that is accessible to other users or the public, you are advised that such personal information can be read, collected, used, or disseminated by others and could be used to send you unsolicited information or for other purposes. Accordingly, you assume full responsibility for posting such information and agree that Rent Responsibly is not responsible in any way for personal information you choose to post in these public areas.Aggregated Information. We may publish, share, distribute, or disclose personal information that has been aggregated with information from other users or otherwise de-identified in a manner that does not allow such data about you to be separated from the aggregate data and identified as originating from you, to third parties, including Rent Responsibly partners, sponsors, and advertisers. Such information may help Rent Responsibly identify and analyze training, demographic, and psychographic trends and information, and report to third parties how many people saw, visited, or clicked on certain content, areas of the Services, ads, or other materials. We may also use such data for research purposes.
How We Store and Secure Your Information
Rent Responsibly takes technological and organizational measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification.
– we transmit data over secured communication channels using SSL Login credentials,
– all personal information is stored by trusted third party providers (e.g., Google and AWS),
– all systems used to provide the Services are password protected, and
– all Services usage is restricted on a per-user basis on the principle of least privilege.
We rely on and AWS’ security programs to protect personal information while stored in their respective controlled facilities. For more information on AWS’ security practices and processes, please see https://aws.amazon.com/security/. For more information on Hubspot’s security practices and processes, please see https://www.hubspot.com/hubfs/security_documents/HubSpot_Security_Overview_v9.1_en.pdf?t=1509903716895
Rent Responsibly complies with applicable data protection laws, including applicable security breach notification requirements.
Accessing and Updating Your Information